The Perfect Companion...
After using the SONY A7RII for a little over 2 years now, I have finally found the perfect landscape companion for my camera. It is the native E-mount lens in the form of Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8. I've been searching for a lens that can have beautiful star burst effect, has a focus distance, light weight, beautiful colour rendition...and the Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 has it all. So far, I'm very happy with the performance in landscape photography and currently planning for astrophotography to put this lens to the test.
The lens comes from Zeiss's Distagon family, The “Dista” in Distagon is derived from the word “distance.” Combined with the previously mentioned “-gon” meaning angle, a Distagon is a wide-angle lens with a large distance to the image. A majority of modern Zeiss wide angles are Distagons, including some normal-wides in the 35mm range.
1. Compatible with all SLR and DSLR cameras.
2. Better suited for digital sensors than Biogon designs.
3. Allows larger apertures.
4. Minimal spherical aberration and vignetting when stopped down.
1. Large in size and heavy in weight;
2. A curved field curvature;
3. Distortions are very difficult to correct and require complex elements; and
4. Ultra wide angles have severe coma, chromatic aberration, and distortion.
I would seriously recommend this lens to SONY A7 users for landscape photography. For more details on the lens, you are welcomed to click at the link below.
Thank you & good day!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This is the photography journey of Nur Ismail Photography where all the experiences from this year onwards will be shared with the audience. In collaboration with NiSi Malaysia, Leofoto, SONY Malaysia and Skylum Software. Thanks for viewing!